Pages

06 August 2013

Which is which?


So I've been fascinated about bisexuality since I started reading Sylvia Day's Crossfire series. One of the characters named Cary Taylor is described as the bisexual best friend of the girl protagonist. I have never been interested about bisexuality before because I don't have a friend who's a bi  and it's not really a new thing I know. And as I look deeper into bisexuality, meaning reading articles, I found out some pretty interesting things.

1. They are not confused with their sexuality. Yes, there is between gays and lesbians. It is not just a phase where eventually you're going to be one or the other.

[photo credit: http://idunnonews.files.wordpress.com]

2. It does not mean that when a bisexual has a committed relationship with a guy (he is called gay) or with a girl (she is now called a lesbian), they are still called bisexuals.

3. Bisexuals do not have the need to have a relationship with both genders at the same time. They are not sluts, okay? They are totally not the kind who jumps into threesomes every chance they get. I mean sure, there may be for some who fantasize about it but that is beside the point. 

4. They also don't have to date both genders. Or alternately.

5.It can't be cured because a.) there's no cause and b.) it's not really a problem. I think it's in their genes. Something about the level of their testosterone and estrogen.

6. They don't have to love both genders equally.

There are a lot of myths about bisexuality that you have probably heard of already and this photo might sum it up. But before I'll end this post I would like to define bisexuals as people who are attracted to emotional and/or sexual relationship with different genders. The rule of thumb: know before you judge. Or actually, just don't judge other people at all and give them the respect we all deserve. 

[photo credit: http://img.uthinkido.com]
Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...