Pages

09 August 2013

Say What?



[photo credit: http://photobucket.com]


When I was told about the news I could not believe it. Just few days ago one of my favorite authors, Kiera Cass, came to Philippines for the book signing events (August 3 at Glorietta 1 and August 4 at Ayala Center Cebu) and I undoubtedly regretting that I just missed it. Say what?! If I knew Cass would be in Manila, I should have booked my flight earlier (ugh). Moving on, I enjoyed reading every chapter from her The Selection trilogy. So what it is all about? Publishers Weekly described the trilogy as "a cross between The Hunger Games and The Bachelor". It brought us to the world of America Singer who is chosen to compete with the other 35 girls to be the wife of Prince Maxon and be the next queen. America at first did not want it for she had to leave Aspen, her secret lover who belongs to a caste below her, and live in a palace which is often under attack by rebels. But after meeting Prince Maxon, her views changed.

In the second installment, The Elite, only six girls remained to fight for the crown and will marry Prince Maxon. Now that there's only few of them left, the other girls are more determined to win Maxon over. America now has to decide - a future with Maxon or a future with Aspen.  

The last installment (The One) will be release next year. It has two companions: The Prince (from Maxon's POV) which was published last March 5 just this year and The Guard (from Aspen's POV) which will be released February next year. The first two books of the trilogy didn't give much good cliffhangers but they were well enough without them and still sent me over the edge of my seat (well in my case, the edge of my bed. haha!)

I read a bunch of books to get over this trilogy and now with the news that Cass just visited the Philippines my excitement for the last book just went through the roof again (sigh). I think I need to finished another set of great books to ease my mind over this. Lol I just wish Cass would change her mind and release The One earlier. That would be one hell of a treat for me or for us. 

Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...