Pages

30 June 2013

Twitter Is Just Right

Some of my friends on Facebook may be wondering why I have been awol on this popular platform which means less status or picture posts from me. Well, if you check my twitter account (@lykalopez) you'll notice how updated it is with whatever rants or happenings in my life compared to my Facebook profile. Whenever my friends hang out and talk random things or about the lives of our other friends, I am always lost. Why? Because I may still have my Facebook account but I spend less time on it and move to Twitter or Pinterest or to this blog. 




Now I'll give 4 top reasons why I prefer Twitter over Facebook.


1.  Twitter's  relationship approach is less exclusive.  Most twitter accounts are public. It means anyone can reach you (what you write and publish) whether be it your friend, enemy or a stranger or the other way around.  The people on twitter are not just your family and friends  but also significant people in certain industries that we look up to. 

2. Twitter forces us to be more concise with only 140 characters available which is sometimes, I admit, annoying but also makes Twitter simple and fast. I think Twitter is more accessible on smartphones too.  

3. The famous #hashtag on Twitter. I can easily search and converse with people about anything just by using this #symbol.  Though #hashtag is now available on Facebook, we all know that is a copycat.

4.  I can Retweet. There are a lot of cool people on Twitter. Cool people mean cool tweets. And what better to do with them? Re-tweet them. I am not selfish. Good stuff needs to be spread. 

Twitter is like my cool newspaper. The first thing I do when I wake up is check what I missed on Twitter. During the day, I am still on it. Even before I go to bed.  Sounds extreme? I think not.  A lot is happening on Twitter and it's fast. Apparently, there are also others who get why Twitter is way better than Facebook. 
"That’s because the people you can follow on Twitter, the contributions they make and the content that floats to the top is almost always much more interesting than your “friends’” attempts at creating the perfect construction of their lives." -Rocco Pendola  

Twitter is simple. Twitter just right, at least for me. As what they say "a daily dose of Twitter keeps insanity away". Lol But do you agree?  

Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...